For rapid transfer of proven technologies, various extension activities are being organized regularly by the kvk. during last five years 10 kisan melas (37133), 101 field days (16058), 30 agricultural exhibitions (47465), 731 film and tv show (18723), 9 kisan gosthies (10575), 70 animal treatment camps (8820 animals), 11 soil test campaigns (453), 31 diagnostic visits (873) and 23 exposure visits (896) were organized to motivate farmers for adoption of new technologies. the scientists also delivered 295 lectures as resource person, 79 radio talks, 40 tv talks and published 147 press releases (annexure-iii) on various technologies and activities. in all, 140996 farmers and farm women were benefited through various extension activities. kvk scientists are fully involved in solving the day to day problems of the farmers as clearly reflected by the facts that during the last five years period about 30852 farmers visited kvk personally, 6582 farmers contacted on telephone and 9046 farmers were benefited during scientists visits to farmers field to solve their field related problems. for rapid transfer of technology kvk started involvement of public representative in its programme. on occasion of kisan mela and agricultural exhibition h e the governor of rajasthan smt. marget alva, hon’ble gramin vikas & panchayati raj minister sh.mahendra jeet singh malviya (govt. of rajasthan), hon’ble agriculture minister sh.prabhu lal saini, agriculture minister (govt. of rajasthan), hon’ble state motor garage minister sh. jeetmal khant (govt. of rajasthan), hon’ble m.p. sh. maan shankar ninama, smt.kanta bheel, mla garhi, sh. dhan singh rawat, mla banswara, sh. navneet lal ninama mla ghatol, smt.resham malviya, zila pramukh, banswara, pradhans, sarpanchs and other public representatives took part in discussion. they motivated farmers for taking agriculture as business for getting higher economic returns.
Worked as Resource and Knowledge Centre for Agriculture Technology
This mandate is added four years back but the kendra is working as resource and knowledge centre since its inception. kendra is regularly providing technical backstopping to public and private sector organizations.
- IFFCO, KRIBHCO, dsc ltd., RSSC, World Vision, GVT, Sadguru Foundation, Reliance Foundation, Pragati gramin vikas trust, progress Sansthan, disha sansthan, Vagdara, Baif, Swach and many other local ngo’s are depend on kvk in taking advice of kvk scientists for running their projects.
- KVK Scientists are also supporting agriculture, horticulture, and animal husbandry related projects under atma, rkvy, nhm, nfsm, nbm etc. implimentated by govt., ngos and other agencies in the district.
- KVK is helping in updating knowledge of official of department of agriculture, horticulture, women and child development department, Nehru Yuva Kendra, Cooperatives, etc. through organizing special training programmes.
- KVK has a functional plant health clinic and e-linkage facilities. these facilities are being utilized for solving the farmer’s problem. it is the reason why large number of foot steps of farmers reaches daily at kvk.
- KVK is attached to mobile messaging services and providing message services to 1800 farmers weekly, which will be increased manifold shortly. besides these.
- Kendra have various live demonstration units like model Nursery, Poultry, Aabitary, Azolla Vermicompost, Seed Production, Water Harvesting Technology, Mother Orchards, Stitching, Post Harvest Technology and Fish Hatchery & Fish Processing etc. Line Departments and Ngo’s Officials are taking advantage of these resources in their human resource development programmes.